II. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information You Give Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect Personal Information when you are (1) creating an account, (2) making a purchase, (3) logging in with social network credentials, (4) participating in polls, contests, surveys or other features of our service, or responding to offers or advertisements, (5) communicating with us, or (6) signing up to receive newsletters.
The types of Personal Information we may collect from you may include:
- Account Information: When you create an account on the Site, you are required to provide information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number. You may also be asked to provide a username and password.Purchase Information: We collect Personal Information from you in order to process your purchase, confirm your order, and ship merchandise to you. This Personal Information may include your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and payment card information.
- Additional Information: Additional information that you provide to us, including through comments and feedback, messages, emails, posts to public discussion boards, or answers to surveys or questionnaires that you may submit.
You are not obligated to provide us with Personal Information of any kind, but refusal to do so may prevent you from using the Site or certain features of the Site.
B. Automated Information Collection
We may collect certain information about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information: When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, your computer operating system, mobile device and mobile operating system, name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- IP Address: IP address can reveal a web user’s general location (city, state, country).
- Links: The Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- URLs: When you visit or access the Site, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Site. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on the Site.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Site administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Site, to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
- Aggregate Information: We may compile certain Personal Information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of people who have visited the Site and other user demographics. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually.
- Mobile Device: If you use a mobile device to access the website or download any of our applications, we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Geo-Location Information: Unless we have received your prior consent, we do not access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our services, except that it may be possible for us to determine from an IP address the geographic location of your point of connectivity, in which case we may gather and use such general location data.
- Push Notifications: We send you push notifications if you choose to receive them, letting you know when someone has sent you a message or for other service-related matters. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Analytics:We may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information, such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any Personal Information you submit within the Site.
III. How We Use Personal Information
Personal Information collected through the Site may be used by us and our affiliates for purposes of:
- Fulfilling your orders and providing any other services you select through the Site;
- Responding to your questions and feedback;
- To promote our products and services, including by sending you newsletters, special offers, and other information we think may be of interest to you;
- Managing your account and providing you with customer support;
- Resolving disputes and troubleshooting problems;
- Detecting and protecting against error, fraud and other criminal activity;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect, and improve the Site and our services;
- Ensuring the technical functions of our network;
- Improving and customizing the content and layout of the Site;
- Developing new products and services;
- Compiling Personal Information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding;
- To demonstrate and verify compliance with our internal policies and procedures, and applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations; andFor such purposes as you may authorize.
At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems. In particular, we may examine your Personal Information to identify users using multiple user IDs or aliases. We may compare and review your Personal Information for accuracy and to detect errors and omissions.
IV. Personal Information We Share
To accomplish the purposes set out above, we may share your Personal Information with other parties that may include the following:
- In Connection with our Offerings. We may share certain Personal Information collected through the Site with (i) other users of the Site, and (ii) as you otherwise provide your consent. Information which you upload, post, e-mail, submit or otherwise transmit in connection with the Site to a public message board, chat area or other public area of the Site will be made public to users of the Site, including certain metadata related to such activities (such as timestamps). You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on or through the Site. All information that is posted to a message board, chat area, or other public area of the Site may be shared by us with others. You may also choose to share information with other account holders under your account settings.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. Such services may include data storage and retrieval vendors, payment processing, customer support, third-party equipment and services, website hosting, marketing, and website usage analytics. We may share Personal Information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services..
- We may share Personal Information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer Personal Information or any information collected through the Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
By using the Site you agree to usage tracking and targeted, behavioral advertising. If you do not wish to have cookies track your usage for these purposes, please refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies.
V. Aggregate Information
We may use aggregate information and share aggregate information with third parties for any of the purposes specified in this policy, and for any other lawful purpose.
VI. Changing Your Personal Information; Account Termination
VII. Links to Other Websites and Services
We take the security of Personal Information seriously and have implemented reasonable safeguards that help protect it from loss, theft, alteration or misuse. While we have implemented these reasonable safeguards, you transmit data, including Personal Information, to us at your own risk. it is not possible to guarantee that any transfer of information over the Internet or electronic data storage is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
IX. Our Global Practices
We may process and store your Personal Information in the United States and in any other country where we or our or service providers operate. By your use of the Site you acknowledge that we will maintain your Personal Information in jurisdictions which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and that your Personal Information may become accessible as permitted by law in those jurisdictions, including to law enforcement or national security authorities.
X. A Special Note about Children
The Site is intended to be used by individuals over the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. Any person who provides Personal Information through the Site represents to us that he or she is 13 years of age or older. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age on or through the Site, then we will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a member of the website and the mobile application or has otherwise transferred Personal Information to the Site, please contact us using the contact page on this website to have that child's account terminated and information deleted.
XI. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about the Personal Information (if any) that certain companies disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of the Personal Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personal Information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to our privacy officer as listed below.
XII. Do-Not-Track Policy
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, the Site currently does not respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
XIII. How to Contact Us
How to Contact Us
Postal Mail: 514 Daniels Street, #252, Raleigh, NC 27605
Attn: Privacy Office
Last Updated: November 9, 2021.